This is part of an international Christian organisation that seeks to provide whole person health care through the church community based on Christ’s teaching and ministry, as demonstrated in the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37). Parish Nurses are registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council & provide support for the physical, mental, social and spiritual health of individuals and aim to improve the lives of people in the UK by ministering health and wholeness. It is available to people of all ages/backgrounds and faiths. It is entirely confidential.
Current health activities run by the Parish Nurse include;
• Home visits for advice and support. Also home communion for those who would like it.
• Visits to local care homes including work with our playgroup to include children in some visits
• Advice and support with a new diagnosis,
• Pre and post operation visits,
• Health education/advice/support and signposting to other NHS and voluntary agencies.
• Afternoon tea for those living with dementia & their carers.
• A community garden working in partnership with our Parent/toddler group,
The Parish Nurse does NOT perform invasive procedures such as injections or dressings. To contact Alison, please email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07894162016.
Please note this is not an emergency service & Alison is part time, if you are unwell please contact your GP or ring NHS Direct on 111.